Current open positions within the LBNL Nuclear Structure group:
- Gamma-ray tracking detector development and postdoctoral position -- LBNL #81464:
- The Nuclear Structure Group in the Nuclear Science Division at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory seeks an outstanding postdoctoral scientist to conduct research into the development of new detector technologies for HPGe gamma‐ray tracking detectors, with applications in nuclear structure and applied nuclear physics. The successful applicant will lead the LBNL effort in the characterization and development of a novel point-contact HPGe detector for gamma-ray tracking.
- This will include testing of detectors in a laboratory environment, development of analysis tools, algorithms and simulations, and analysis of experimental data.
- Applicants are expected to hold a recent Ph.D. in Experimental Nuclear Physics/Chemistry/Engineering. This position will be available October 2015.
- This is a one year renewable appointment contingent upon satisfactory performance, continued funding, and ongoing operational needs.
- Informal enquiries can be sent to:
- Heather L. Crawford
- Nuclear Science Division 88R0192
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Berkeley, CA 94720-8101
- TEL:(510) 486-5702 | email: email@example.com
- Formal applications can be made online at: https://lbl.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=81464